Saturday, July 28, 2012

July Allegory Gallery Design Team piece



I've pondered these little pink-ish / green-ish glass flower beads ever since I ripped open the package of beads from Andrew of Allegory Gallery.  Andrew knew (because I told him) that glass beads and pink were the kind and color that tended to stump me the most.  And since this project is designed to be a challenge ... I guess I should've expected it.
Inspiration for this piece came in the form of a waft of fragrance from some of the wild flowers that pop up at will in my yard.  I was coming up the steps, totally distracted by not having a clue what to make for dinner, and this scent stopped me in my tracks.  And then a dragonfly passed by me.  Forget dinner - I have some jewelry to make!
For this month's project, I definitely wanted to incorporate a reclaimed element, so I picked this silver tone link bracelet from my stash of found treasures.  I like that the metal has little marks and is not as bright as sterling, giving it has a rustic feel that contrasts with the sparkly beads.  And I bought these tiny dragonflies many years ago.  The pink crystals and shimmery clear beads are also from my Allegory Gallery Design Team package.


Please check out the other members of the Allegory Gallery Design Team’s blogs.



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful bracelet - I love it! The pink crystals really set if off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy love what you made the little pink flowers are adorable but I am really lovin the chain!! Glad to see you back!

    ReplyDelete